One day while teaching, Josh was asked, ”Teacher, if one side in a war declares victory, is the war over?”
Josh spoke thus:
Two siblings sat pouting in the back seat of a car.
“I’m not fighting,” the first sibling said.
“I’m not fighting either,” the second sibling said.
“You are too fighting,” the first sibling said.
“I am not fighting,” the second sibling said, “You’re fighting.”
“I stopped fighting,” the first sibling said.
“I stopped fighting first,” the second sibling said.
“You didn’t stop fighting first,” the first sibling said, “I stopped fighting first.”
“I stopped fighting because I won,” the second sibling said.
“You didn’t win if you stopped fighting,” the first sibling said, “I won because you stopped fighting.”
“See?” the second sibling said, “I stopped fighting.”
“I won because you stopped,” the first sibling said, “That’s why I stopped.”
“I won because I stopped,” the second sibling said, “That’s why I stopped.”
The parent driving the car said, “You both stopped because I told you to stop.”
“And I stopped first,” the first sibling said, “Didn’t I?”
“No you didn’t stop first,” the second sibling said, “I stopped first, didn’t I?”
“Neither of you stopped fighting,” the parent driving the car said, “You’re both still fighting.”
“I’m not fighting,” the first sibling said.
“I’m not fighting more,” the second sibling said.
“I’m not fighting most,” the first sibling said.
“I’m not fighting infinity,” the second sibling said.
“I’m not fighting infinity plus one,” the first sibling said.
“Infinity plus one is till infinity,” the second sibling said.
“Plus one,” the first sibling said.
“You’re both acting like children,” the parent driving the car said.
“I’m acting less like children because I’m not fighting,” the first sibling said.
“Good grief,” the second sibling said, “You just don’t give up! It’s no wonder you’re a lawyer.”
“And you too,” the first sibling said.
“Do you think we’re both ready for this family reunion?” the second sibling ask.
“I’m forty years old, and I’ll never be ready for this family reunion,” the first sibling said.
“Keep arguing, and I’ll pull this car over,” the parent offered.
No comments:
Post a Comment