Saturday, July 6, 2013

The Parable of the Korean’s Friends



One day while teaching, Josh was asked, ”Teacher, on Fourth of July weekend, how do you see the American melting pot?”
Josh spoke thus:

A Korean were watching news of a crashed Korean airliner.
“Great,” the Korean said, “We’ll never hear the end of this.”
“What do you mean?” the Korean’s friend asked.
“For years I’ve been hearing jokes about Asians driving,” the Korean said, “Koreans can’t drive.  Japanese can’t drive.  Chinese can’t drive.  Now we can’t fly, either.”
“It’s a fluke tragedy,” the Korean’s friend said, “Nobody will make fun of you.”
“Not of me personally,” the Korean said, “But just you wait, the jokes will come.”
“How do you think I feel?” the Korean’s friend said, “I’m from the South, and everywhere I drive, it’s ‘Slow down, there Richard Petty.’  I don’t even like stock car racing!”
“You think that’s bad?” another of the Korean’s friends said, “I’m Jewish.  During the banking crisis, everybody blamed me.  And because I obviously own the media, I’m trying to cover the whole thing up.  Give me a break, I’m a software engineer!”
“I have to play basketball because I’m tall,” another of the Korean’s friends said.
“I’m Chinese, so everybody thinks I’m good at math,” a Chinese friend of the Korean said, “I’m terrible at math.  I’m a history major.”
“I’m Irish, so I’m a drunk,” another friend said.
“You actually are a drunk,” somebody said.
“Yeah, but not because I’m Irish,” the Irish friend said.
“I’m Mexican, and I don’t pick fruit,” someone else said.
“I’m from Texas, and I’m not a cowboy,” another person said.
“I’m Italian, and I hate pizza,” someone said.
“I make good pizza,” the Chinese friend said.
“I play basketball,” the Jewish friend said.
“I love cows and horses,” the tall friend said.
“I love stock car racing,” the Korean said.
All of the Korean’s friends laughed.
“What’s wrong with that?” the Korean asked.
“You’re Korean!” everybody shouted, “Koreans can’t drive!”
“They can drive better than they can fly!” somebody said.
“See?” the Korean said, “I told you so!”
“At least nobody said it was a terrorist,” the Korean’s Muslim friend said.

No comments:

Post a Comment