One day while teaching, Josh was asked, ”Teacher, with all the leaks coming out of national security agencies, can our spies trust our spies anymore?”
Josh spoke thus:
A spy was assigned to spy on the spy’s spouse.
“Why do you want me to spy on my own spouse?” the spy asked the spy’s superior.
“Your spouse is married to a spy,” the spy’s superior said, “That makes your spouse a security risk.”
“My spouse works for the Agency,” the spy said to the spy’s superior, “That’s how we met.”
“And you trust somebody you met at the agency?” the spy’s superior asked.
“Of course I trust somebody I met at the agency,” the spy said, “People at the agency are the only people I do trust.”
“People at the agency are the last people you should trust,” the spy’s superior said.
“I can’t trust you?” the spy asked the spy’s superior.
“I wouldn’t trust me,” the spy’s superior said.
“And you don’t trust me?” the spy asked the spy’s superior.
“I can’t trust you,” the spy’s superior said, “You’re a spy. Your spouse is a spy.”
“I’m a spy who works in the Agency, and my spouse is a spy who works in the Agency!” the spy said.
“I know things about your spouse you don’t know,” the spy’s superior said.
“Like what?” the spy asked.
“Do your job, and you’ll find out,” the spy’s superior said.
“I didn’t sign up for this,” the spy said, “I signed up to spy on terrorists.”
“And how do you know your spouse isn’t a terrorist?” the spy’s superior asked.
“Of course I know my spouse isn’t a terrorist!” the spy said.
“Your spouse is a spy,” the spy’s superior said.
“My spouse is a spy on our side!” the spy said.
“Your spouse might be a terrorist on our side,” the spy’s superior said.
“That’s ridiculous,” the spy said.
“And if your spouse is a terrorist on our side,” the spy’s superior said, “What’s to stop your spouse from being a terrorist for the other side?”
“What’s to stop me from being a terrorist on the other side?” the spy asked.
“That’s why we’ve asked your spouse to keep an eye on you,” the spy’s superior said, “You spouse has given us some very interesting information.”
“Like what?” the spy asked.
“That’s for me to know and you to find out,” the spy’s superior said, “Go spy.”
No comments:
Post a Comment