One day while teaching, Josh was asked, ”Teacher, do politics sustain when both sides of the aisle agree?”
Josh spoke thus:
Two spin doctors were sitting in a bar ordering drinks.
“Give me something strong,” the first spin doctor said to the bartender.
“Give me something stronger,” the second spin doctor said to the bartender.
“Give me something stronger,” the second spin doctor said to the bartender.
“I need something to calm my nerves,” the first spin doctor said.
“My nerves are shattered,” the second spin doctor said.
“This has never happened to me before,” the first spin doctor said.
“It happens to everyone,” the second spin doctor said.
“Not to me it doesn’t happen,” the first spin doctor said.
“Don’t take it personally,” the second spin doctor said.
“Don’t take it personally?” the first spin doctor said, “How can it get more personal than this?”
“There’s no reason to be embarrassed,” the second spin doctor said, “It’s natural.”
“I can think of nothing more unnatural,” the first spin doctor said.
“It’s not anything to do with you personally,” the second spin doctor said.
“It’s intimately to do with me personally,” the first spin doctor said, “I couldn’t spin it. I’ve always been able to spin it. I’ve spinned it two, three, four different stories in a night. This time I couldn’t spin it at all.”
“It’s intimately to do with me personally,” the first spin doctor said, “I couldn’t spin it. I’ve always been able to spin it. I’ve spinned it two, three, four different stories in a night. This time I couldn’t spin it at all.”
“You just have to get back on the horse,” the second spin doctor said.
“I’m not sure I want to get back on the horse,” the first spin doctor said.
“It’s natural to think that now,” the second spin doctor said, “But you won’t feel that way in the morning.”
“I won’t be able to face myself in the morning,” the first spin doctor said, “How do you do it? How do you stay so positive? Even now you’re spinning it. In the face of everything, you’re spinning it.”
“What else can I do?” the second spin doctor said.
“Because you spin?” the first spin doctor asked, “Because there’s always a positive spin?”
“Because sometimes the positive spin isn’t spin,” the spin doctor said, “Sometimes the positive spin is the obvious, plain truth.”
“So you’re saying this thing today doesn’t need spin?” the first spin doctor asked.
“I’m saying this thing today is the obvious, plain truth,” the second spin doctor said.
“But both sides agreed,” the first spin doctor said, “Your side and my side, they both agreed.”
“They agreed to the obvious, plain truth,” the second spin doctor said.
“But neither side won,” the first spin doctor said.
“Both sides won,” the second spin doctor said.
The first spin doctor considered the possibility of both sides winning.
“Now I really need a drink,” the first spin doctor said to the bartender.
“Make it two,” the second spin doctor said to the bartender.
No comments:
Post a Comment