One day while teaching, Josh was asked, ”Teacher, what would make a person straw purchase a gun for another person?”
Josh spoke thus:
A teenager wanted to go to the mall.
“Can I take the car?” the teenager asked the teenager’s parent.
“You can’t take the car,” the teenager’s parent said.
“I need to go to the mall,” the teenager said, “Just let me take the car.”
“You don’t need to go to the mall,” the teenager’s parent said.
“I have to buy something for school,” the teenager said, “Just let me take the car.”
“What do you have to buy for school?” the teenager’s parent asked.
“I need soccer boots,” the teenager said, “Just let me take the car.”
“What’s wrong with the soccer boots you have?” the teenager’s parent asked.
“They split a seam,” the teenager said.
“When did this happen?” the teenager’s parent asked.
“It just happened today,” the teenager said, “Just let me take the car.”
“You can’t take the car,” the teenager’s parent said.
“I have to go,” the teenager said, “I have soccer practice after school tomorrow. Just let me take the car.”
“I can take you to the mall,” the teenager’s parent said, “I can take you to buy soccer boots.”
“You can’t go with me,” the teenager said, “I’ll never live it down if you go with me. Just let me take the car.”
“It’s just to buy soccer boots,” the teenager’s parent said.
“Parents can’t buy your soccer boots,” the teenager said, “Parents buy soccer boots for their little kids. Just let me take the car.”
“And you’ll get soccer boots and nothing else?” the teenager’s parent asked.
“I’ll just get soccer boots,” the teenager said.
“And you’ll come right back?” the teenager’s parent asked.
“And I’ll come right back,” the teenager said.
The teenager’s parent gave the teenager the car keys.
The teenager grabbed the keys and rushed to the door. Leaving the house, the teenager made a cell phone call.
“I got the car,” the teenager said, “Call the others.”
“The others?” the teenager’s parent asked.
“Nobody’s else’s parents would let them have a car,” the teenager said. The teenager listened to the phone. “Oh yeah.” The teenager turned back into the house, “Can I have the credit card?”
“Wouldn’t that be me buying your soccer boots?” the parent asked the teenager.
The teenager replied, “It’s okay. I have a car.”
No comments:
Post a Comment