Josh lives. Josh walks. Josh breathes. Josh speaks.
One day while teaching, Josh was asked, ”Teacher, a pope has not retired for the past 600 years; what does a retired pope do?”
Josh spoke thus:
There was a fisherman who was tired.
“I don’t think I’ll go out fishing today,” the fisherman told his wife.
“If you don’t go out fishing today, there won’t be any supper,” the fisherman’s wife said.
“Our son will go out fishing today,” the fisherman said to his wife, “And there will be supper.”
“If our son goes out fishing today and you do not,” the fisherman’s wife said, “Then the boat will be his and not yours.”
“Perhaps the boat should be his,” the fisherman said, “I am old and tired, he is young and strong.”
“And what will you do all day, if you’re not fishing?” the fisherman’s wife asked the fisherman.
“I will tell tales of fishing,” the fisherman said, “I will sing the fisherman’s songs.”
“Your son will tell tales of fishing,” the fisherman’s wife said, “Your son will sing the fisherman’s songs.”
“I will watch the sea,” the fisherman said, “I will listen to the waves. I will smell the salt. I will taste the spray.”
“Your son will watch the sea,” the fisherman’s wife said, “Your son will listen to the waves. Your son will smell the salt. Your son will taste the spray.”
“I am tired,” the fisherman said, “I want to stay on land.”
“You are tired,” the fisherman’s wife said, “Because you are on land.”
The fisherman sat up and listened to the sea, and he knew he did not belong on land.
“I love you,” the fisherman said to his wife, “But I must go out to sea.”
“I love you,” the fisherman’s wife said to the fisherman, “But you must go out to sea.”
“Are you two done?” the fisherman’s son asked them, “It is time for us to go to sea.”
The fisherman and the fisherman’s son went to sea. The fisherman’s son returned with supper.
“My father was tired,” the fisherman’s son told his mother, “He did not want to return from fishing.”
The fisherman’s wife sat and listened to the sea, and she knew the fisherman did not belong on land.
No comments:
Post a Comment